physical dimensions (see drawing and notes at bottom of page):
- Maximum width: 606mm / 23.8"
(The minimum gap a Dragon
will pass through)
- Tracking width: 560mm / 22.0"
(The distance between the centres
of the tyres)
- Max chassis length: 871mm / 34.3"
Actual size of seat affects the figures below :
- Typical turning circle1 high2: 965mm / 38.0"
(The minimum width of corridor in which the
Dragon can turn round)
- Typical turning circle1 high2: 675mm / 26.6"
(Minimum turning radius tested according to
- Typical max length3 high2: 1040mm / 41.0"
- Typical max length3 low4: 1880mm / 74.0"
- Typical max height5 (excl seat): 950mm / 37.4"
- Typical weight6 (inc batteries, seat): 124kg / 273lbs
- Front drive wheels with pneumatic tyres, with puncture protection: 415mm (16.3") diameter
- Rear ribbed globe castors: 150mm (approx 6") diameter
- Electronic braking system applies automatically
- Additional manual independent parking brake
- Full elastomeric suspension (front and rear)
- Powered by 2 x 56AH sealed lead acid semi-traction gel batteries
- Range on a single charge7: 1 day of heavy use / 2 days of light use
seating and finish:
Each seat is custom made to suit individual needs so there are hardly any set constraints. If you would like to know more please contact us to talk about your requirements.
- Typical seat base elevation8 from ground to approx 780mm / 30.7"
- Elevator tilt angle 25-45 degrees
- choice of six standard bodywork colours
characteristics adjusted for each user:
- High speed limit - set anywhere up to 6.4mph
- Low speed limit - set anywhere up to 3.2mph
- Velocity or Torque control
- Acceleration characteristics (from 'learner' to 'sports' performance)
- Half-speed and/or beeper in reverse
- Steering characteristics
- Rapid or smooth (inching control) elevator responses
- Joystick deadband to eliminate involuntary movements
- Max bodyweight: 75kg / 168lbs
- Max external seat width: 440mm / 17.3"
[*]Dragonmobility Ltd has a policy of continuous development of its products, and reserves the right to change any or all aspects of the above specification without prior notice.
 Turning circle is used here to mean the space needed to spin through 360 degrees, with about a 60kg user in a typical seat.
 High means here that the footrest is near vertical, ie the footrest wheels are above the ground.
 Maximum length depends on the particular seat and footrest dimensions. Length given is only an illustration, estimating for about a 60kg user.
 Low means here that the footrest is near horizontal, i.e. the seat is as low as possible.
 Maximum height depends on the particular elevator column and tilt angle. This in turn is dependent on user weight vs stability and is set individually.
 Weight depends on the particular elevator length and seat: its size, seating system used, complexity, etc.
 Precise range will depend on user weight, type of terrain etc. N.B. Range and life of batteries will improve significantly if the batteries are charged often, even for short periods during the day, as well as overnight.
 The elevation will depend on the seating system used, height of the elevator column and tilt, according to the weight and choice of the user.